Step One: Enrollment (Feb. 1st – May 1, 2018)
If you are currently a student at CHHS or you are in the 9th grade at Sunset Hills Middle, West Hills Middle, or Elk Ridge Middle AND you live in the Copper Hills boundary, you are already pre-enrolled. Please move to Step Two: Arena Scheduling.
Students who are NEW to CHHS
- CHHS is NOT ACCEPTING students on permit at this time. If you are not already enrolled AND you live outside the CHHS boundary, you will not be able to enroll at Copper Hills High School.
- Jordan School District schools can process new student enrollments online using the Skyward Family Access system. If you do not have a Skyward Family Access account, please select Temporary Account for New Student Enrollment. If you already have a Skyward Family Access account or have created a temporary account, please select New Student Enrollment. If you have questions on which schools are in your boundary, please visit the Jordan School District Boundary Locator page. If you wish to apply for a school outside your boundary, please visit the Jordan School District School Choice page.
- Submit the required items listed below to the CHHS Attendance Office by May 1, 2018. We will stop approving On Line Enrollment for this year on May 1, 2018. If we have not received your documentation by this date, you will not be able to enroll until after the summer break.
- For those missing the May 1st deadline, “New Student Appointments” will be made in the counseling center. Call the Copper Hills Counseling Center beginning Aug. 1st at 801-256-5320 to schedule an appointment. The enrollment and registration will take about 1 ½ hours. Before the appointment, complete on line enrollment. During the appointment you will start in the Attendance Office, meet with an administrator, enroll with the registrar, pay school fees, and meet with your counselor to schedule your classes. A parent or legal guardian must accompany new students to this appointment. Make sure you bring the required documents listed below.
1. Unofficial Transcript – Obtained from previous school (If your student will be in 10th grade next year, a most recent report card will do.)
2. Birth Certificate (must be original; we will make a copy)
3. Parent Drivers License or State ID Card
Required – One of the following
- Copy of mortgage or copy of deed or lease agreement
- Notarized letter from landlord or notarized statement that family is living at said address
Required – Two of the following
- Letter from government agency showing address
- Recent utility bill showing address (within the last 60 days)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Utah photo ID card
- Voter registration documentation
- Church or religious records
5. Immunization Records (bring record of all…)
6. Proof of guardianship (only required if circumstances warrant)
- If parents are divorced, guardian needs to provide a copy of document proving custodial guardianship. This would be the parent who has physical custody.
- If student is living with someone other than custodial parent, court documentation proving guardianship must be provided. Contact Cheryl Brady at 801-256-5311 with questions regarding guardianship.
7. Letter of Intent: If student is currently attending a K-12 charter school (Paradigm, Utah Virtual Academy, etc.), a Letter of Intent from your charter school is required. If your charter school only serves students through 9th grade, no Letter of Intent is necessary.
Step Two: Arena Scheduling (Periodically from March 26 – Aug. 22)
ALL STUDENTS MUST ALSO COMPLETE THIS STEP!!
Students will schedule their classes beginning March 26th. It is important for you to check your class schedule periodically in case the Master Schedule changes due to staff changes, etc. You will not be able to schedule classes if…
- You are not enrolled at CHHS (see Step One)
- You do not know your Skyward login and password call 801-256-5310.
Keep in mind that you may be removed from certain classes in the event that….
- You have not completed the prerequisite
- You have not completed the SLCC or Weber State registration process for a concurrent enrollment class
- A class is dropped or moved for scheduling purposes
- You do not complete the Summer Online Registration process in August
To schedule your classes, you must log in to your Skyward account during the assigned Arena Scheduling dates and times for your grade. You are strongly encouraged to complete a Planning Worksheet before trying to schedule your classes. Counselors will be available to help you. If you register for honors or AP classes, summer homework can be found by clicking here.
- Class Change Request – Will be available in August
Step Three: Summer Registration – (August 3 – August 15)
ALL STUDENTS MUST ALSO COMPLETE THIS STEP!!
- To complete the registration process, all students must complete the “ONLINE REGISTRATION 2018-2019” in early August. You should already know your parent and student skyward access information. We will send you a reminder copy in July. Between August 3rd and August 15th, please go to: copperhillshigh.org, scroll down on the main page to the “skyward” box and click on it. Log in with PARENT log in and password, select your CHHS student and click the link, “Register for 2018-2019.” This is your opportunity to look through and correct information regarding your student. You must open and check each item, save, close and mark each item as complete. This process is not complete until Skyward gives you the complete message. You will also be able to pay fees, make a lunch account deposit, and find other crucial information. This link is only available between August 3rd and August 15th.